I’ve been thinking a lot about where I personally can add the most value, and how I can offer support and resources in the way I do best.
I’m going to share part of my manifesto here with you. These are my beliefs and goals that will shape the work I do around the changes coming this fall to our schools. You will see these perspectives interwoven into every resource from me this coming school year — emails, blog posts, podcast eps, social media posts, 40 Hour Workweek resources, and so on.
Specifically, I'll share:
- The importance of time to rest and regroup before preparing lessons for the coming year
- Why you shouldn't wait for your district to finalize plans before you speak up about your needs
- How to seek out the overlap between what's best for teachers and what's best for kids
- How radical acceptance can prepare you to create much-needed change in our schools
- Ways a flexible, resilient pedagogy can simplify your workload and help you support students more effectively
- Why I believe the work we're doing this school year will be some of the most important of our careers
- 5 core beliefs that will guide the work I do this coming school year, and the ways I'll offer support
Click here for links to the transcript and all resources mentioned.
Join our podcast Facebook group here to connect with other teachers and discuss the Truth for Teachers' podcast episodes.
I'll be back with the first episode of season 12 of the podcast on August 2nd.