What happens when even looking at your to-do list makes you want to shut down? How do you get yourself re-energized when basic adulting feels like too much?
I’ve found it empowering to have a menu of choices — or a toolbox — I can go to when I experience those feelings. It’s a collection of strategies I can pick from which have worked in the past, so I can choose whichever one feels easiest to me at the time.
In this episode, I’m sharing 8 approaches that work for me:
- Give yourself permission to stop doing and thinking
- Choose self-comfort or self-care
- Get out of your head and regain perspective
- Tap into your vision, legacy, and long term goals
- Dump the stress by planning and batching tasks
- Eliminate tasks and go back to basics
- Ease your way into productivity mode with quick wins
- Tackle the task that’s creating the most anxiety
Click here to read the transcript and participate in the discussion or, join our new podcast Facebook group here to connect with other teachers and discuss the Truth for Teachers' podcast episodes.